Enrollment is closed for the current school year. Please check back soon for information on the upcoming school year.
ID cards are electronic only! You should receive an email from GeoBlue about 2 weeks after the start date or 2-3 weeks after the date you enrolled, whichever is later, notifying you to download your ID card.
You may also set up an account at www.geobluestudents.com to access your ID card any time after your enrollment is processed. It is important to have your GeoBlue ID card with you whenever you receive medical care.
Contact GeoBlue for further assistance:
Inside the U.S. call 1-800-257-4823
Outside the U.S. call +1-610-263-2847
Find a Doctor or Hospital
When you need off campus care, you should visit a PPO doctor in the Blue Cross Blue Shield network which will cost less. To find a Blue Cross Blue Shield doctor:
1. Call (844) 268-2686 or go to www.geobluestudents.com
2. Select “Find a provider.”
3. Enter your member ID or choose Blue Card PPO Basic
4. Search by name, specialty, procedure
5. Enter your ZIP code for location and press “GO.”
* If you have a life threatening emergency, go to the Emergency Room or call 911. The Emergency Room usually sees the most urgent patients first. If it is urgent but not life threatening, you can go to an urgent care center which will usually cost you less money.
Questions on benefits, medical bills or claims?
For questions regarding Eligibility and Enrollment, call JCB at 619-415-0233 or email us at email@example.com
Insurance in the US
Health Care in the United States is likely very different than in your home country. In order to assist you in understanding some of the differences, and why we have insurance, please view the video below.