Common Questions

  • How Do I Enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan?
    To enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan for you school, please visit the homepage. Search for your school, select the plan type and click “Go”. Under the “Get Started” message you will see all open terms for enrollment. Select your term then read and agree to terms. If this is your first-time visiting, please create an account. Otherwise, login as a Returning Student. Next complete your details page then submit your payment information. Once you complete the enrollment, it can take 2-3 weeks to receive an ID card. If you do not see your school on the list in the search box on the homepage, please contact your school for enrollment inquires.
  • Can I enroll my spouse/domestic partner and/or children?
    If your school’s plan offers dependent coverage, covered students may also enroll their lawful spouse, legally registered domestic partner (same and opposite sex), and any dependent children under age of 26. Insurance may be purchased for dependents as long as it is for the same term of coverage as the student. During the open enrollment period, you may add your dependents onto the student health insurance plan. You may also add a dependent outside of the enrollment period if there is a qualifying event (marriage, birth, divorce, or loss of a job). All qualifying event enrollments must be completed within 30 days of the qualifying event. If your school plan does not offer dependent coverage, you may seek out an individual health plan for them.
  • Can I enroll after the open enrollment deadline?
    No, you are only allowed to enroll after the deadline if you have a qualifying event(marriage, birth, divorce, or loss of a job).
  • What is the cost of coverage?
    The cost of coverage is located in your school brochure. Cost of coverage is not prorated in any circumstance.
  • Can I receive a refund?
    Refunds are only issued for specific circumstances, such as withdrawal from school within the allotted timeframe or entry into the armed forces. An authorized school representative must approve all student refunds. Please see your school brochure for more details.
  • How do I get an ID card?
    You can print your ID card or save it to your smart phone. Log into your account to find more information about getting your ID card.
  • How do I use my medical ID card?
    Each time you visit a doctor you should present your medical ID card or provide your medical ID number if you do not have your card yet. The doctor can then submit your bills to the carrier for payment, and any remaining balance not paid by the insurance will be billed to you. If you do not provide your insurance information the doctor will only know to send you the entire bill.
  • How do I find In network (PPO) doctors and hospitals?
    If you log into your account you will find links to your PPO list. Check the list frequently and ensure that doctors are still accepting your insurance coverage before you have your appointment.
  • Where is my student insurance brochure?
    Your brochure is always available by logging into your account.
  • Do I have to file a medical claim or send my bills to the insurance company?
    If you visit an In-Network (PPO) Doctor and you remember to provide your insurance ID number to them, then they should submit your bills to the insurance company for you. Some doctors may not bill for you. It is always your responsibility to make sure the insurance company gets your bill.
  • What do I do if I see a doctor when I am outside of the U.S?
    When you visit a doctor outside the United States, most doctors will NOT bill U.S. medical insurance for you. Then you would need to pay the provider in full for your treatment and send your bills to the insurance company for reimbursement. Follow the specific rules for your insurance company, which in most cases will require that you get an itemized medical bill in English, proof that you paid the bill in full and submit both along with the insurance company claim form.
  • Are dental benefits included in the student insurance plan?
    There is a pediatric dental benefit included in ACA compliant plans that can be used by students and enrolled dependents that are under the age of 19. For anyone over age 19, there is usually not dental coverage in your plan. Please check your school brochure for details.
  • How do I get a tax form?
    Tax forms are mailed automatically by the insurance company. If you did not receive your tax form you should contact the insurance company for a replacement.
  • I received a tax form…what do I do with it?
    The tax form is used when filing your taxes to prove that you had insurance during some portion of the tax year. Tax forms will be sent to everyone who bought insurance, even to individuals who may not file taxes or may not need the form.
  • How do I change my Address?
    You can log into your account to update your address. It is important to keep your address up to date so you receive all of your bills, ID cards etc.

Ask Us A Question

Can't find the answer to your question? Use the form below to send us an email and a representative will reach out to you.

(read video transcript)

Insurance 101

Learn more about your insurance.

Play Video